Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Visa for Togo

Applying for a Togo Visa for U.S. Tourist Passport

  If you live in the U.S. and are traveling to Togo you need to obtain a visa for Togo. You can apply for your visa prior to your trip or apply for it at arrival.

 If you are applying for your visa prior to arrival, you need to contact the Togolese Embassy in Washington, D.C. in order to submit your application.

  To apply for your visa, please contact the Togo Embassy by telephone at (202) 2234-4212 to request a visa application form.

You will need to fill it out in two exemplars. Also, you will have to submit two photos (passport photo size) as well as proof of vaccination against yellow fever. Your U.S. passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond your projected stay in Togo. Please make sure your passport has at least one (1) blank visa page.

 Once you are ready with all the documents, you can mail your application with the passport to the following address with an application fee of $140.00 and a pre-paid envelope. Personal appearance is not mandatory.

2208 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 234-4212
Fax: (202) 232-3190

  If you decide to apply for your visa at arrival (Airport and Land Borders), be prepared to submit:

  • - Application form
  • - Picture (1 passport size)
  • - Passport
  • - 15.000 FCFA (approximately $30.00)

The visa will be valid for 7 days only. If you need to stay longer you will need to apply for an extension while the 7-day visa is still valid. If your visa has expired before you are applying for extension, you‘ll have to pay an extra fee of $60.00. Please go to the "Service des Etrangers" located in the passport office building at:

  • Direction Générale de la Documentation Nationale
    Service des passeports
    Lomé, Togo
    Tel (country code: 228) 2250 78 56

To extend your visa, you'll fill out a new application form, submit 4 passport pictures, and pay an extra fee of $1.00. Your new visa will be valid for up to a month.

If your stay in Togo is longer than a month, you need a longer validity visa. Please address your request to the same office with the documentation justifying your reasons for staying in Togo. If your stay in Togo will exceed 3 months, you are considered a resident and need to apply for a residency card.