Messages for U.S. Citizens
Sign up for our free Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (formerly known as “Travel Registration” or “Registration with Embassies”) to receive the latest travel updates and information! When you sign up, you will automatically receive the most current information we compile about the country where you will be traveling or living. You will also receive updates, including Messages for U.S. Citizens, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts. You only need to sign up once, and then you can add and delete trips from your account based on your current travel plan.
All the personal information you provide to us is protected under the Privacy Act of 1974. This law prohibits us from sharing the information with anyone without your written authorization. Certain exceptions exist, such as when we need to share information on a limited basis in order to protect your safety and welfare in case of emergency.
For more information on the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, please visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/step.html. To enroll, visit https://step.state.gov/step/.
- Message for U.S. Citizens: Consular Section Closure on Monday, August 10 (August 5, 2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Recent Criminal Activity (July 30, 2015)
- Message for U.S. Citizens: Land Border Closure (April 24, 2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Rescheduling of Presidential Elections (April 10, 2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Upcoming Elections (February 26, 2015)